DSU News Blog Archive
- Strom Center to host Board Governance Workshop Sept. 29 – 30, 2015
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Strom Center at Dickinson State University (DSU) will host a Board Governance Workshop featuring Executive Management System’s President and CEO, Melvin Nelson Sept. 29 – 30, 2015.
- Blue Hawk Football Tailgating Information
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Dickinson State University (DSU) Blue Hawks are set to begin their 2015 football season and tailgating preparations are being made to enhance the game day experience.
- DSU Receives $1.4 Million to Continue Hosting TRiO
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University (DSU) was recently funded more than $1.4 million to host the TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO) program for academic years 2015-16 through 2019-20. This funding will be used to provide assistance to 200 students each year for the next five years.
- NIT & DSU Collaborate to Provide Opportunities
DICKINSON, N.D. – Northern Industrial Training (NIT) has partnered with Dickinson State University (DSU) to provide an opportunity for individuals to not only receive a commercial driver’s license, but also receive a Certificate of Completion in Business Fundamentals.
- Margaret Sanger Papers Project Images to Join TR Digital Library
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Theodore Roosevelt Center (TR Center) at Dickinson State University is publishing online images from the Margaret Sanger Papers Project, a historical editing project sponsored by the Division of Libraries at New York University. This collection includes magazine and newspaper articles, as well as speeches given by Sanger. The items illustrate the intense disagreement between Sanger and Theodore Roosevelt, particularly about birth control and reproductive rights.
- Phone Scam Targets Local Businesses
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University (DSU) was recently made aware of an unaffiliated individual contacting Dickinson area businesses to solicit funds in exchange for advertising opportunities on this year’s football posters.
- 2015 Ukrainian Festival Welcomes Internationally Recognized Symposium Speakers
DICKINSON, ND – The Ukrainian Cultural Institute is pleased to announce the presentation of three noted speakers, all knowledgeable in Ukrainian culture, economics and politics, for a Symposium at the 2015 Ukrainian Festival, to be held July 15-19 at Dickinson State University.
- Limited number of BAC luxury suites available for 2015-2017
DICKINSON, ND - The Henry Biesiot Activities Center (BAC) has a limited number of luxury suites available the 2015-2017 seasons.
- 18th Annual Family Fun Day to be held at Dickinson State
DICKINSON – The 18th Annual Family Fun Day, supporting Best Friends Mentoring, will be held on July 4, 2015 on the front lawn of DSU (corner of 8th Avenue West and 2nd Street West).
- Theodore Roosevelt Center Publishes Online Images from the Newberry Library
DICKINSON, ND – The Theodore Roosevelt Center (TR Center) at Dickinson State University is publishing online images of a collection from the Newberry Library. The collection includes letters from Theodore Roosevelt to cartoonist John McCutcheon, as well as letters from Edith Roosevelt to writer Octave Thanet.
- Opinion Editorial
Dickinson State living its values
(Dickinson, ND) - On May 16, another group of Dickinson State University students crossed the stage at Scott Gym and became alumni. As I shook hands with each of them, I thought of the many compelling stories among this group – a number of them are the first person in their family to attend college, some struggled to balance academic requirements with caring for parents or grandparents, some have children to provide and care for, and others overcame their own injuries or illnesses or initial lack of self-confidence.
- 2015 Blue Hawk Club Seat Season Packages On Sale
The Henry Biesiot Activities Center (BAC) is now selling 2015 Blue Hawk club seat season packages for the upcoming football season. The 2015 Blue Hawk season includes five home regular season games with the season opener on Saturday night, August 22 at 6:00pm (MT) against MSU Northern.
- DSU’s Biesiot Activities Center to show family film hits
Three popular family movies are playing outdoors this summer at the Dickinson State University Henry Biesiot Activities Center (BAC).
- Theodore Roosevelt Honor Leadership Program Announces 2015 Award Recipients
DICKINSON, N.D. – Inspired by the life and legacy of the 26th President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, the Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program (TRHLP) provides emerging leaders with opportunities to learn about effective leadership, global leadership, and service. The program is student-driven and allows participants to maximize classroom learning while engaging in participative decision making, collaborative problem solving, and providing service to community. Students enrolled in the TRHLP complete a minor in leadership studies and must maintain a minimum 3.25 grade point average.
- NDUS Launches Search for DSU President
The search for the next president of Dickinson State University officially launched today. The application deadline is Aug. 3, 2015, for best consideration, with the successful candidate starting on or about Jan. 1, 2016, if not earlier.
- Dickinson State Graduate Gisele Wilz Promoted to Brigadier General
Bismarck, ND- On May 20, Dr. Coston, president of Dickinson State University was invited to the Promotion Ceremony for Gisele “Gigi” Wilz to Brigadier General. The ceremony was held at the North Dakota Heritage Center in Bismarck, ND.
- Dickinson State Names Tucker as Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
DICKINSON, ND. – Following a national search, Dickinson State University President D.C. Coston announced Tuesday that Ms. Melanie Tucker, assistant vice president for student affairs at Northern Illinois University in Delkalb, IL, will become the university’s vice president for student affairs and enrollment management, effective August 1.
- DSU Names 2015 Outstanding Graduate Award Recipients
(DICKINSON, N.D.) – Jami Harrington and Brandi Mantz received recognition as the Dickinson State University 2015 Outstanding Graduates at the Outstanding Graduate Reception held in the DSU Student Center Friday, May 15.
- DSU Announces 2015 Outstanding Graduate Award Nominees
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Dickinson State University Outstanding Graduate Award is the highest honor bestowed upon graduating seniors by the university. Students are nominated by the faculty in their academic departments for exceptional performance in their fields of study.
- DSU Celebrates Spring Commencement on May 16
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University will hold the 2015 spring commencement exercises on Sat., May 16, at 10:00 a.m. The event will be held in DSU’s Scott Gymnasium and will be available for viewing online at dickinsonstate.edu. Candidates for degree include 196 students from 20 states, 5 countries, and 2 two tribal nations.
- Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program announces first “Bully Pulpit Award” recipient
Josh Askvig, a 2004 Dickinson State University graduate, was awarded the first annual Dickinson State University Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program “Bully Pulpit Award” at the program’s Spring Awards Luncheon.
- 2015 Taste of Nations event to showcase foods and cultures from around the world
Dickinson State University International Club is sponsoring the 2015 Taste of Nations event on Wednesday, April 29, 2015. This multicultural dining experience provides attendees an opportunity to taste foods and learn about customs and traditions of areas around the world including: Africa, the Caribbean, Germany, and Korea.
- Bus Tour and Reception with Presidential Library Foundation Board
The Foundation Board for the Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library invites the public to join them on a tour of possible library locations on Friday, May 8, 2015.
- First year of Phi Beta Lambda at DSU a success
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University’s first participation in Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) since 1981 was a great success. The club started out at The State Leadership Conference which was held in Bismarck on 4/10-4/11.
- DSU Student is University's First Truman Scholar
Former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, President of the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation, announced today the names of 58 exceptional college students from 50 U.S. colleges and universities who have been selected as 2015 Truman Scholars.
- Charity Golf Scramble Scheduled for Apr. 25
DICKINSON, N.D. – The DSU Business Club will be hosting a 4-person Golf Scramble on Apr. 25, 2015, at the Heart River Golf Course in Dickinson. Proceeds of this fundraiser will be donated to the House of Manna.
- GeoPRISMS Distinguished Lectureship to be presented at DSU
DICKINSON, N.D. – University of Texas Geoscience professor to present lecture at Dickinson State University (DSU) at noon on April 20 in Murphy Hall 117.
- Davies, Phillips, and Olberholtzen to Present on Civil Rights and Equality
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University and the Albers Humanities Festival Committee is pleased to host “The Path to Justice: the Legacy of Judge Ronald Davies” on Thurs., April 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM in Beck Auditorium, Dickinson State University Campus.
- DSU Hosts Annual Career and Internship Fair
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University welcomes 25 businesses to the annual career and internship fair on March 30. The event will run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Student Center, 900 Campus Drive.
- Rural Leadership North Dakota Short Course
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Strom Center at Dickinson State University is partnering with the North Dakota State University Extension Service's Rural Leadership North Dakota program to hold a short course in Dickinson for anyone in the area interested in developing or enhancing his or her personal and leadership skills.
- Perdue Selected as Truman Scholarship Finalist
Matthew Perdue, a Dickinson State University junior, has been named a finalist for the Harry S. Truman Scholarship. Perdue, a native of Ray, ND, is pursuing a double major in political science and composite social science education. As a member of the Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program he will also receive a minor in leadership when he graduates next spring.
- DSU’s leadership program holds professional development workshop
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University’s (DSU) Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program (TRHLP) held its annual professional development workshop on February 21. A workshop provided for the TRHLP students to be able to graduate with TR Distinction.
- QuickBooks: Basics Boot Camp offered by DSU Strom Center
DICKINSON, N.D. –The Strom Center at Dickinson State University is offering "QuickBooks 2014: Basics Boot Camp" starting April 2. Classes will be held weekly from 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. at the Strom Center.
- DSU Strom Center brings cyber security short-course to Dickinson
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dr. Steve Bucci, hosted by the Strom Center, will teach the public about cyber security. The course starts on April 20 at 10 a.m. at the Strom Center, 1679 6th Avenue West
- Mystery Writer Susan Froetschel to Appear in Dickinson: Women’s Voices Series in March
DICKINSON, N.D. – Few topics have engaged discourse as frequently in history as the mysteries of faith and the mystique of the feminine. Dickinson State University Women’s Voices committee saw an opportunity to combine both mysteries into one theme for this year’s celebration of Women’s History Month (March): Women’s Voices: Lifting the Veil—Women and Religion.
- DSU Art Gallery presents Have Paintbrush, Will Travel
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University (DSU) Art Gallery is featuring paintings by Greg Walter. Displayed February 10-March 5 at DSU Art Gallery located in Klinefelter Hall.
- Accessible QuickBooks Boot Camp offered by The Strom Center
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Strom Center at Dickinson State University (DSU) is partnering with the Dunn County JDA to host QuickBooks 2014: Basics Boot Camp in Killdeer beginning March 5.
- Dickinson State University Is Honored With National Award in 2014/2015 Collegiate Advertising Awards Program
DICKINSON, N.D. – The Collegiate Advertising Awards (CAA) recognizes the outstanding creative achievements of Dickinson State University (DSU). DSU was named among the top in the nation by the 2014-2015 CAA program.
- Coston Announces Intent to Retire
DICKINSON, N.D. – Dickinson State University's 11th president, Dr. D.C. Coston has notified NDUS Interim Chancellor Dr. Larry Skogen of his intent to retire.
- DSU to host Created Equal: America’s Civil Rights Struggle film series
Dickinson, ND – Dickinson State University (DSU), in honor of Black History Month, will be featuring four films starting with The Abolitionists at 7 p.m. on Feb. 19 at Beck Auditorium.
- Heart River Writer's Circle to host Melanie Hoffert
Dickinson, ND – The Heart River Writers' Circle (HRWC) will host memoirist Melanie Hoffert Feb. 9 and 10 at two locations in Dickinson.
- DSU partners to host land reclamation conference
Dickinson, ND – Soil and spill remediation experts from throughout the Great Plains will provide the latest strategies on land reclamation during the 3rd Annual North Dakota Reclamation Conference Feb. 23 - 24 in Dickinson.
- CommUniversity features DSU faculty, staff in 24 classes during February
Dickinson, ND – Three dozen classes and workshops led by DSU faculty and staff are available to the community starting Feb. 1 at three convenient locations in Dickinson.
- Art expression unites DSU campus in message of responsibility
Dickinson, ND – What began as a tribute to college students killed in drunk-driving accidents has turned into an arts performance uniting nearly 60 Dickinson State University (DSU) faculty and students.
- DSU offers interactive writing workshops Jan. 29, Feb. 12
DICKINSON, N.D. – Aspiring writers can polish their skills during two upcoming evening workshops at Dickinson State University (DSU).
- DSU offers on-campus student mental health services
Dickinson, ND – On-site professional counseling services are now available for Dickinson State University (DSU) students starting January 12 in the Student Center.
- Pemberton to receive Trailblazer Award for promoting women in sports
Dickinson, ND – Dr. Cynthia Pemberton, the provost and vice president for academic affairs at Dickinson State University (DSU), is receiving Idaho State University’s Trailblazer Award next month.
- DSU expands security team, eyes 24/7 coverage
Dickinson, ND – With a first-ever director of security and emergency management in place, Dickinson State University (DSU) is poised to offer round-the-clock security.
- DSU tour helps Dickinson High students set sights on medical careers
DICKINSON, N.D. – More than one dozen Dickinson High School (DHS) students delved into career options in nursing during a tour at Dickinson State University (DSU) Dec. 19.
- Hauf to compete for top educator award in April
Dickinson, ND – Lori Hauf of Dickinson State University (DSU) will compete with educators from 16 states this spring for further honors as North Dakota’s Post-Secondary Teacher of the Year award winner.
- DSU celebrates fourth annual fall commencement
- Pachak claims DSU Student Nurse of Year Award
Dickinson, ND – Tamara Pachak, a married mother of four, has claimed the Dickinson State University (DSU) Student Nurse of the Year (SNOY) award for 2014.
- Top 10 List for finals week success
Dr. Debora Dragseth, a DSU business professor and interim director of the Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program offers some timely advice for finals week.
- DSU campus community partners to help disabled adults
Dickinson, ND – Disabled individuals served by Able, Inc. in Dickinson will enjoy a brighter holiday, thanks to generous donors across the Dickinson State University (DSU) campus.
- Fall commencement features two students from Dickinson
Dickinson, ND – Dickinson natives Joshua Kralicek and Sarah Jennings are featured student speakers in Dickinson State University’s fourth annual fall commencement at 2 p.m. on Fri. Dec. 19 in May Hall.
- DSU hosts public forum for chancellor search
Dickinson, ND – Dickinson State University (DSU) will host a public forum for a new chancellor of the North Dakota University System at 7 p.m. on Dec. 10 at the Student Center, 291 Campus Dr.
- Varney pushes through obstacles to achieve dream career
Dickinson, ND - A back injury is just what Dr. Frank Varney needed to jumpstart his true life passion.
- Affordable Care Act is topic of January Lunch & Learn
Dickinson, ND – The Strom Center at Dickinson State University (DSU) and Dickinson Area Chamber of Commerce will present an overview of the Affordable Care Act at 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 15 at the Strom Center.
- Study: University system economic impact rises to $4.8 billion
Bismarck, ND - The economic impact of the North Dakota University System (NDUS) and its students on the state has risen to an estimated $4.8 billion for the 2013 fiscal year.
- SBHE hosts listening session at DSU for chancellor search
Bismarck, ND - The State Board of Higher Education (SBHE) is kicking of a search for a new chancellor of the North Dakota University System with listening sessions across the state, including Dickinson State University (DSU).
- DSU's Strom Center hosts affordable multi-family housing webinar
Dickinson, ND – The Strom Center at Dickinson State University (DSU) is hosting a free webinar on making multifamily housing affordable at 10 a.m. on Dec. 9.
- DSU celebrates holidays with weeks of family fun
Dickinson, ND - Christmas tree sales, a holiday concert featuring five ensembles, theatrical performances and more are planned as Dickinson State University (DSU) celebrates the holidays.
- DSU hosts annual community Thanksgiving dinner
Dickinson, ND - Nearly 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 local residents are expected to attend an annual Thanksgiving dinner at Dickinson State University (DSU) this holiday season.
- DSU unites to ship 214 pounds of candy to Operation Gratitude
Dickinson, ND – Dickinson State University leaders have collaborated with the university’s business club and Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program (TRHLP) to ship six boxes of left-over Halloween candy to Operation Gratitude.
- TR Digital Library at DSU reaches milestone on third anniversary
Dickinson, ND - The Theodore Roosevelt Digital Library at Dickinson State University (DSU) celebrated its third anniversary Nov. 14 by publishing its 25,000th item online at www.theodorerooseveltcenter.org.
- DSU hosts acclaimed NYC-based Elisa Monte Dance Nov. 15
Dickinson, ND – The New York City-based Elisa Monte Dance (EMD) performs at Dickinson State University (DSU) at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 15 in Dorothy Stickney Auditorium.
- DSU's 3rd Annual Boo Hawks triples in attendance to 935
Dickinson, ND – Organizers of Dickinson State University (DSU)’s 3rd Annual Boo Hawks Treat Street distributed nearly 250 pounds of candy to more than 935 trick-or-treaters Oct. 31.
- DSU recognizes 435 nontraditional students
Dickinson, ND – D.C. Coston, president of Dickinson State University (DSU) signed a proclamation recognizing 435 students during Nontraditional Student Week Nov. 2-8.
- Jennings: Proud to be graduating from DSU
- Nearly 200 student visit DSU for 57th Annual Northern Plains Festival
Dickinson, ND – Students from the Canadian border to Lemmon, South Dakota will travel to Dickinson State University (DSU) to perform in the Northern Plains Music Festival (NPMF) at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 8 in Dorothy Stickney Auditorium.
- DSU BEST Robotics competition winners advances to regionals
Dickinson, ND – Dickinson High School (DHS) placed first out of six teams in the 2014 Dickinson State University Blue Hawk Boosting Engineering Science Technology (BEST) Robotics competition Oct. 25.
- CPA Experience at DSU receives profession's top award
Dickinson, ND – The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) has bestowed one of its top curriculum awards to Dickinson State University’s CPA Experience.
- DSU Miss(ter) Blue Hawk contestants unite to help local youth
Dickinson, ND – The Theodore Roosevelt Honor’s Leadership Program (TRHLP) at Dickinson State University (DSU) hosts the seventh annual Miss(ter) Blue Hawk pageant at 7 p.m. on Nov. 4 in Dorothy Stickney Auditorium at DSU.
- Nearly 200 students travel to DSU for 57th annual Great Plains Festival
Dickinson, ND – Students from the Canadian border to Lemmon, South Dakota will travel to Dickinson State University (DSU) to perform in the Northern Plains Music Festival (NPMF) at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 8 in Dorothy Stickney Auditorium.
- DSU Strom Center hosts open house for veterans
Dickinson, ND – The Strom Center at Dickinson State University (DSU) and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will host a veteran entrepreneur event at 4 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 10 at the Strom Center, 1679 6th Ave West, in Dickinson near the Prairie Hills Mall.
- Blue Hawk Hub robotics competition fires up Oct. 24-25
Dickinson, ND – Dickinson State University’s (DSU) Blue Hawk Hub hosts the 2014 Blue Hawk BEST Robotics competition at 4 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 24 in the Murphy Hall Thompson Auditorium, 291 Campus Dr.
- DSU expands annual Boo Hawks event on Oct. 31
DICKINSON, ND – Using donations from local businesses, Dickinson State University (DSU) is expanding its annual Halloween festivities on Oct. 31.
- World-renown Elisa Monte Dance comes to region on Nov. 15
Dickinson, ND – The Fine and Performing Arts of Dickinson State University (DSU) is featuring Elisa Monte Dance (EMD) from New York City at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 15 at DSU’s Dorothy Stickney Auditorium.
- DSU Farm Bureau Club hosts Measure 5 debate
Dickinson, ND – Farm Bureau Club (FBC) will host a Measure 5 debate featuring a moderator and six debaters from throughout North Dakota at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21 in Beck auditorium at Dickinson State University (DSU).
- Persistence prevails for DSU's Martinez
Like a sunflower laded in morning mist, Margaret Martinez rises strong and straight into the sun.
- Carr one of five certified specialist in state
DICKINSON, ND – Pattie Carr of Dickinson State University (DSU) became one of five certified specialists in sports dietetics in North Dakota and the only certified specialist in Dickinson.
- DSU Bismarck student receives ND Fire Chiefs Association scholarship
Kelsey Heick, a student at Dickinson State University’s Bismarck campus, has claimed the state’s $500 scholarship from the North Dakota Fire Chiefs Association (NDFCA).
- 500 youth attend Native American celebration at DSU
DICKINSON, ND – Nearly 500 elementary students will hear Native American scholars and traditional dancers at 12:30 p.m. on Oct. 14 in Dickinson State University’s Stickney Auditorium.
- Share a chilling favorite at 'Reading Scared' on Oct. 30
DICKINSON, ND. – Share a favorite scary story during the “The Return of Reading Scared” at 7 p.m. on Oct. 30 in the Odd Fellows Lodge at 30 1st Ave. W in downtown Dickinson.
- DSU showcases performance talent at Oct. 5 concert
DICKINSON, ND – Dickinson State University (DSU) is wrapping up a full week of Homecoming activities with a community concert this Sunday.
- 28-year DSU employee leads profession in Utah, North Dakota
Kathy Lowe, a nearly three-decade employee at Dickinson State University (DSU) will lend her financial expertise in two states at three separate events in October.
- Deep roots, strong vision for 22-year-old Ray native
Dressed in a T-shirt and jeans, walking briskly between his classes and other activities, 22-year-old Matt Perdue looks like he was on his family’s 3,500—acre farm in Ray.
- DSU sees enrollment increase for 2014-15
DICKINSON, ND – Student enrollment at Dickinson State University (DSU) is up for the 2014-15 academic year.
- CPA Experience featured on KFYR-TV
- Award-winning author Stephen Graham Jones comes to DSU
DICKINSON, ND – Aspiring writers and readers can meet award-winning author, Stephen Graham Jones at the Heart River Writers’ Circles’ 30th+ season debut next month.
- DSU reaffirms status in U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges ranking
DICKINSON, ND – An official from U.S. News & World Report today reaffirmed the number four ranking of Dickinson State University (DSU) in its 2015 Best Colleges report.
- DSU makes U.S. News & World Report 2015 Best Colleges ranking
DICKINSON, ND - U.S. News & World Report has named Dickinson State University (DSU) among the nation’s top public Midwestern regional colleges for 2015.
- DSU music faculty host masterclass for 3 local high schools
DICKINSON, ND -- More than two dozen clarinet and saxophone players from three local high schools are attending an all-day master class culminating in student performances on Sept. 11 at Dickinson State University (DSU).
- Banned Book Week features new DSU-Dickinson Library partnership
DICKINSON – ND Two of the community’s largest libraries are banding together with new events celebrating the freedom to read during National Banned Book Week Sept. 20–29.
- Local business owner offers social media tips at Sept. 18 Lunch & Learn
DICKINSON, ND – A local business owner and marketing professional will share the latest in social media techniques during a business networking series.
- Higher Learning Commission gives State Board higher review
- 'The Voice' star Kat Perkins performs exclusive DSU Homecoming Concert
DICKINSON, N.D. – Kat Perkins, ranked as the No. 1 Rock Artist five times on iTunes and top 5 on NBC's “The Voice” is performing an exclusive concert during Dickinson State University’s 2014 Homecoming.
- 20 Kazakhstan professionals glean agricultural acumen at DSU
DICKINSON, N.D. – Veterinarians, farmers and other agricultural professionals from Kazakhstan learned how to bolster their profession and local economy during a visit to Dickinson State University (DSU) last week.
- DSU shows growth despite cold start
- Letter: Carlson's remarks in error
- DSU Choral Union performs Broadway hits Aug. 26 at St. John Lutheran Church
DICKINSON, N.D. – Nearly 40 community members will perform Broadway and TV hits in a free concert at 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 26 at St. John Lutheran Church, 146 6th Ave W. in downtown Dickinson.
- Two DSU students receive $1,500 scholarships from Championship Bull Riding
DICKINSON, ND – Two DSU students received rodeo scholarships during the 2nd Annual Dielco Crane Championship Bull Riding event Saturday night (Aug. 23) at the Dickinson State University Outdoor Arena.
- D.C. Coston: DSU took strong action
- Theodore Roosevelt Symposium addresses Roosevelt's perspective on World War I
DICKINSON, N.D. – Scholars from the around the world will discuss Theodore Roosevelt’s views and influence on World War I during the 9th Annual Theodore Roosevelt Symposium Sept. 25-27 at Dickinson State University (DSU) and in Medora.
- BAC releases 2014 high school, college football schedule
Dickinson - Dickinson State University’s Biesiot Activities Center (BAC) is scheduled to host 17 high school and college football games during the upcoming 2014 football season.
- 'Debate over higher ed measure focuses on risk to accreditation' missing key facts
- DSU deliberates over VP of Students Affairs candidates
- DSU Biesiot Activities Center shows four hit family movies
Dickinson - Four popular family movies are scheduled outdoors this summer and early fall at the Dickinson State University Henry Biesiot Activities Center (BAC).
- 70 youth attend Camp Invention at Dickinson State University
DICKINSON – Nearly 70 youth grades K-6 are becoming tomorrow’s business leaders at Camp Invention held through 3:30 p.m. on Aug. 1 at the Dickinson State University (DSU) Campus, 291 Campus Dr.
- DSU Agriculture Chair receives two community awards
DICKINSON – Dr. Woodrow W. “Chip” Poland, professor of agriculture and chair of the Department of Agriculture & Technical Studies at Dickinson State University (DSU) has received two of the community’s highest 2014 awards.
- DSU Cancels Family Movie Night on July 22
- DSU President renews 34-year agreement with Ukrainian Cultural Institute
DICKINSON, N.D. – Although 5,300 miles away by map, the Ukrainian culture is thriving in Dickinson, thanks to a long-term relationship between Dickinson State University (DSU) and the Ukrainian Cultural Institute (UCI).
- Website offers enhanced resources for North Dakota childcare providers
DICKINSON – Aspiring childcare providers can jumpstart their businesses through a new website facilitated by The Strom Center at Dickinson State University.
- City of Dickinson backs Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library
DICKINSON – The proposed Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library, a project facilitated by Dickinson State University (DSU) advanced Monday with a total of up to $8 million in new funding committed by the city of Dickinson.
- Five new degrees offered at DSU’s Bismarck Campus
DICKINSON – Five new degrees are available through Dickinson State University’s (DSU) distance learning campus in Bismarck starting this fall.
- Family Fun Day supports local youth June 28 at Jaycee Park
- 21st Annual Knights of Columbus Badlands Bowl held at BAC
- Tour gives ND higher ed officials a glimpse of oil industry careers
- DSU Science Department offers 12 professional development classes
- Blue Hawks tap Wetzel for men's basketball
- DSU Choral Union seeks singers for summer concert
- DSU’s Biesiot Activities Center to show hit family films
- Charles receives recognition as outstanding graduate
- DSU names 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award winners
- Herauf honored as outstanding graduate for 2014
- Statement Regarding Operational Audit
- DSU Celebrates Spring Commencement on May 17
- 2014 Celebration of Scholars to be held May 10
- DSU’s Form and Fusion Dance Company to present annual spring performance
- Dye Running Fun Run-Trinity Donation Presentation
- Microsoft Digital Alliance Workshop
- Joint concert to be held this weekend
- Leading The Future Presentation
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month at DSU
- Accounting Olympiad Hosted by DSU Accounting Faculty
- "Spring Eggstravaganza" scheduled for Sat. Apr. 12
- 2014 Career Expo a huge success
- American Made Spring Choral Concert
- 6th Annual Hawk Walk 5k Scheduled for Apr. 12
- Nurse Camp for 5th and 6th grade students to be hosted by DSU
- Warrior Words
- TR Center Open Forum
- Orton Hired as Associate Director of Fundraising
- DSU Graduate is a Washington D.C. Law Clerk
- Quijano Elected CCF President
- DSU student to perform in the Medora Musical
- Graupe named women's basketball head coach
- Ben Bernard, Jake Clark, and David Lehman: Introduction to 3-D Printing
- Real World Camp Event for Sixth and Seventh Graders
- SBA Business Opportunity Roundtable
- 350 Students to participate in DSU Science Olympiad
- Art gallery opens today
- DSU indoor track and field finishes strong at NAIA championships
- Hellinger wins national title at 197 lbs
- Honors recital features Bliss, Fichter, Staudinger and Wilz
- DSU observes Women’s History Month
- NDSU graduate student to present on U.S. wars fought in the Dakotas
- Job fair scheduled for March 25
- Executive Director of NDTO kicks off Strom Executive Briefing Series
- DSU to present 59th annual Hilltop Holiday variety show
- Mid-winter concert to be held on March 6
- DSU student receives national certification as a global business professional
- Strom Center to host executive briefing series
- Enrollment numbers at DSU ahead of historical averages
- Blue Hawks announce 2014-15 football recruits
- DSU Business Club and Sigma Tau Delta host essay contest for high school juniors and seniors
- Strom Center to host construction opportunities workshop
- Tribute and Reception for Coach Biesiot Scheduled for Saturday
- Planning Firm Hired for Theodore Roosevelt Center at Dickinson State University
- “Approaching the Intangible” exhibit opens at DSU Art Gallery Jan. 6