Preparing to Graduate
Upon completion of the courses listed in your program of study, you are eligible to graduate from Dickinson State University. The following steps are required to complete the graduation process:
- Meet with your advisor to check on the completion of your program of study.
- Any “Incomplete” grades must be resolved prior to the recording of your degree.
- If you have done study abroad, your work needs to be recorded on your academic record prior to the recording of your degree. Please contact the Office of Academic Records with any questions at (701) 483-2331.
- Students must submit the following graduation application online: DSU Application for Graduation
- IMPORTANT: If you are planning to graduate with an associate’s degree or a certificate, and are planning to go on for another program of study or a four degree, you MUST REAPPLY FOR ADMISSION TO DICKINSON STATE UNIVERSITY. Please contact the Office of Academic Records at (701) 483-2331 to reapply for admission. No additional application fees are required.
- Refer to 43-45 of the 2012-2014 Academic Catalog for graduation regulations. It is recommended that students formally apply for graduation two academic terms prior to the anticipated completion of their graduation requirements.
- Application Deadlines:
Semester of Graduation Application Deadline
- Spring 2015 - January 1, 2015
- Summer 2015 - January 1, 2015
- Fall 2015 - February 15, 2015
- Once your application for graduation has been processed, your graduation audit information will be posted to your account on Moodle. It may take 2-3 weeks before this audit will be available for your review.
- Students are required by federal regulations to complete a Financial Aid exit interview before they graduate or terminate their enrollment if they have ever received a federal student loan at DSU. This requirement must be completed online at http://mappingyourfuture.org/oslc if they have received a Federal Stafford Loan or Unsubsidized Stafford Load.
- Complete undergraduate exit exams. Contact the Academic Success Center at (701) 483-2999 for exam times. These exams are required and must be completed prior to graduation from DSU.
- Make arrangements to check out of the Dickinson State University residence halls or apartment housing. Contact the Office of Residential Life at (701) 483-2092.
- Purchase your cap, gown, and tassel from the Balfour Company if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. You may also order graduation announcements and your class ring from Balfour. A Balfour representative will be on campus to assist you with your order or email them at Dave.Cross@balfour-rep.com.
- Please make sure your permanent address and phone number are updated in the Office of Academic Records. They are located in room 111 of May Hall.
- To request disability accommodations for the commencement ceremony, contact the Office of Academic Records at (701) 483-2331.
- Keep in touch with other University alumni through the DSU Alumni Association at 1-800-279-4295, ext. 2004 or go to http://www.dsufamily.com
For further information about your graduation, diploma, restricted directory, changes of address, or transcripts, check the DSU Academic Catalog or contact the Office of Academic Records at (701) 483-2331, or go to http://www.dickinsonstate.edu/academics/academic_resources/academic_records/index.aspx