Theodore Roosevelt Honors Program
How to Apply
1. Submit your Dickinson State University Scholarship Application from the application booklet.
2. Attach a 2 – 3 page essay addressing the following questions:
- How would membership in the Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program benefit you?
- What makes you want to join the TR Program?
- What talents and abilities do you bring that will enhance the TR Program and the university?
3. Attach a resume that lists extracurricular activities that you are or have been involved in, including leadership positions held.
4. Attach two letters of recommendation.
5. Attach a copy of your high school transcript
Qualifications for becoming accepted as a Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program participant are:
- incoming freshmen must have a 3.5 grade point average or higher in high school, or an ACT score of 26 or higher, or an SAT I score of 1170 or higher
- students may enter the Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program as sophomores but must contract with the director to complete all course work to graduate with distinction
To maintain status as a TR Scholar, a student must:
- complete at least 24 semester credit hours per academic year
- be a baccalaureate degree-seeking student
- maintain at least a 3.25 cumulative grade point average
- be an active participant in the Theodore Roosevelt Honors Leadership Program