The 2015 Plan
Dickinson State University will be recognized as a premier university in the Upper Great Plains, educating a diverse and international population through innovative teaching, learning and scholarship that foster responsible citizens who impact the world.
The University’s mission is to provide high-quality, accessible programs; to promote excellence in teaching and learning; to support scholarly and creative activities and to provide service relevant to the economy, health and quality of life for the citizens of the State of North Dakota.
- GOAL 1: Access and prudently manage significant additional financial resources to support and enhance DSU programs and services.
- GOAL 2: Build and extend collaborative relationships to strengthen institutional and student opportunities.
- GOAL 3: Strengthen university programs and services to better develop a student body devoted to Dickinson State University, committed to lifelong learning and enabled to engage and flourish in a changing world.
- GOAL 4: Attract and retain an increasingly diverse and qualified faculty and staff to achieve institutional excellence.
- GOAL 5: Align institutional resources with recruitment and retention to strategically develop a student body, which is consistent with the Mission and Vision of Dickinson State University.
- GOAL 6: Provide a safe and positive environment in which students, faculty and staff demonstrate civility, respect, honor and integrity to develop responsible global citizens.
- GOAL 7: Support and enhance the quality of life and economic vitality of the broader community in which Dickinson State University exists.