Your Financial Aid

Your Financial Aid

Disbursement of Funds

Students must meet admissions, attendance and satisfactory academic progress requirements prior to receiving financial aid. All loans, grants, scholarships, and work study awards are subject to change, depending on enrollment status, other resources, participation criteria and availability of funds. If attending the academic year, grants, scholarships and loans will be disbursed in two allotments during the period of time for which the student is enrolled.  Aid is disbursed each semester during the fee payment date and thereafter.  Fee payment date information can be obtained at the Office of Financial Aid or Business Affairs.   The students’ account will be credited and proceeds will be disbursed by the Office of Business Affairs during fee payment.

Entrance And Exit Loan Counselling

Federal Regulations require all institutions of Higher Education to conduct Student Loan and Debt Management Counseling for the first time recipients of a Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan or Unsubsidized Stafford Load prior to the release of the first disbursement. An exit interview is required at the time a student graduates, drops below half-time status, or terminates enrollment at Dickinson State.

Entrance/Exit Loan counseling can be completed on-line at  Students will receive confirmation after completion of the session and the Office of Financial Aid will be notified that you have completed the loan counseling.


Master Promissory Note

If you are accepting your first Direct Stafford Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized) you must complete a Master Promissory Note in order for your Direct Stafford Loans to disburse.  This can be completed

Notification of Financial Aid

Students will be notified of their financial aid by an award notice.  Those who qualify may be eligible for grants, loans, and/or federal work study.  Students’ must electronically accept/decline their award(s) on Campus Connection, Campus Finances > Accept/Decline Awards, before disbursement will be made.

Students must notify the Office of Financial Aid of changes in enrollment status or of additional resources received.