Welcome! College is an exciting adventure, and it’s even better when you get a good start! The online orientation program contains lots of good information that will help you make the best start possible.
The orientation will take an hour or less.
You will need your student ID number for the online orientation. You should have received this in an email.
You may want to print this page before you begin the online orientation.
- First, you need to claim your account. Go to http://claim.ndus.edu. Follow the instructions and take the NDUS computer usage policy quiz. At the end of the quiz, you’ll be issued your username and password. WRITE THESE DOWN!
- Second, you’ll log into “Campus Connection”. You’ll see a link for it at the top of this page. Log in using the username and password you were issued.
- Log off Campus Connection and return to the DSU homepage, www.dickinsonstate.edu. Click on “Moodle” near the top of the page.
- On the Moodle page, you’ll see “Orientation 2012 Click here to access” in the bottom center of the page. Click on that, and log in, using the same username and password as you were issued for Campus Connection. After you log in, you should see your name at the top right-hand corner instead of “Login”.
- Start with the “Welcome” and work your way through the various videos, slides and documents. This is important information. Feel free to view things more than once if you need to. You can also stop and return later to finish.
- When you have finished the orientation, you’ll be directed to take a short quiz over the material. Upon successful completion of the quiz, you will receive information about the summer registration program.
If you have trouble claiming your account or logging into Campus Connection, contact the NDUS help desk at 866-457-6387. They are open 24/7! Have your student ID number handy when you call.