Information for the day of the event:
1) Registration will be held in the Student Center from 8 to 9 AM.
a) Teachers will receive a packet containing schedules of events, maps, name tags, participation ribbons, and Official Science Olympiad pencils, enough for each student.
b) Make sure your students know their Team Number.
c) Students MAY NOT switch teams throughout the day.
d) A team may participate only once in each event.
e) Make sure your students come with proper eye protection for the events.
2) Students and teachers will be allowed to “camp out” in the South Ball Room in the Student Center.
3) Science Olympiad T-shirts will be for sale from 8:00 - 12:00 in Murphy 213/215. ($10.00)
4) Some of the events require students to build things ahead of time. Students should take their “creations” to the room of the scheduled event at least 30 minutes before competition. Remind students to take their “creations” with them after competing.
5) Some events, such as Chemistry Lab, require that students bring goggles, test tubes, etc. DSU will provide all glassware and lab equipment for all teams. Your students must provide their own eye protection. Other items students will need to bring are a pencil/pen and their “creations”.
6) This year, team pictures will be offered upon request. If you want your team to have their picture taken, please email Dr. Martin (Paula.Martin@dsu.nodak.edu).
7) Final scores will not become official until 5:00 PM, March 6, 2013.
8) The Awards Ceremony will start at approximately 4:30 PM in Scott Gym. If you are unable to attend, awards will be sent to you.
Please warn your students that the Snack Bar and Cafeteria are cash or credit card only. They do not accept checks.
9) Food will be available at the Student Center from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Students and coaches may eat at either of the following: Snack Bar (Upper Level of Student Center) 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, prices vary with items OR Cafeteria (Lower Level of Student Center) 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM, all you can eat.
10) Please park the buses in the furthest spaces in the Wienbergen Parking Lot, located just west of Wienbergen Gym.
11) Remember the key to winning the overall competition is to compete in every event!