Information for the day of the event:
1) Registration will be held in the Student Center from 8 to 9 AM.
a) Teachers will receive a packet containing schedules of events, maps, name tags, participation ribbons, and Official Science Olympiad pencils, enough for each student.
b) Make sure your students know their Team Number.
c) Students MAY NOT switch teams throughout the day.
d) A team may participate only once in each event.
2) Several of the events require students to build things ahead of time:
Students should take their “creations” to the room of the scheduled event at least 30 minutes before competition to be impounded. Please remind students to take their “creations” with them after competing.
3) Some events, such as Chemistry Lab, require that students bring goggles, test tubes, etc. DSU will provide all glassware and lab equipment for all teams. Your students must provide their own eye protection. Other items students will need to bring are a pencil/pen and their “creations”.
4) Food is being handled a little differently this year. For $5, students can purchase an all-you-can-eat meal in the downstairs dining hall in the Student Center. The menu will include chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, a vegetable, dessert, and beverages. Please determine how many of your students will be taking advantage of this option and include that information when you register online for the competition.
The cafeteria is cash or credit card only, no checks.
5) Students and teachers will be allowed to "camp out" in one of the ballrooms in the Student Center.
6) Science Olympiad T-shirts will be for sale from 8:00 - 12:00 in Murphy 213/215. ($10.00)
7) Please Park the buses in the furthest spaces in the Wienbergen Parking Lot, located just west of Wienbergen Gym.
8) The Awards Ceremony will start at approximately 4:30 PM in Scott Gym. If you are unable to attend, awards will be sent to you.
9) Final Scores will not become official until 5:00 PM, March 14, 2014.
10) Remember the key to winning the overall competition is to compete in every event!