Use of the card constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions of the card holder agreement accompanying the card when issued.

You can obtain your ID card at the Office of Emergency Management located in the Student Center, room 109. The first ID card is free.

Access Control

With a valid ID card, you will receive 24/7 access to the Student Center and May Hall. Computer labs are located on the lower level of May Hall and are available to you 24/7. If you have trouble with your ID card and access to buildings after hours, please contact the Office of Emergency Management at 701.483.2407.

Lost or Stolen DSU ID Card

Deactivating Your Card

If you lose your ID card or suspect that it is stolen, deactivating your card will ensure that it is not used by someone else to access buildings/rooms or used to make purchases on campus. You can deactivate your card by calling the Office of Emergency Management at 701.483.2407 or the on-duty phone at 701.290.1068.


If you lose your ID card, you will need to pay a lost card fee of $25.00 at the Business Office located in May Hall, room 212 before the University will issue you a new one. You must show your receipt to the Office of Emergency Management for a new ID card.

Dickinson State University issues an ID card to all registered students and subject to the following:

  • The ID card is the property of Dickinson State University. The University reserves the right to revoke use of the card or any accounts associated with the card at any time. The card is non-transferable and may be used only by the individual to whom it is registered. Lending this card, even temporarily, to anyone is a violation of the Student Conduct policy and is subject to disciplinary action.
  • The ID card, transactions related to the use of the card, and any account balances are the sole responsibility of the individual cardholder until the University is notified in writing that the card is lost or stolen.
  • This is your permanent Dickinson State University identification card and will be retained by you while you are enrolled at Dickinson State University.